Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Being really good at what you do...

I was always taught to be proud of whatever you produce. This requires work. It means that you work hard to put something together that you are actually proud of. I know when I don't do things 100%. I can feel it. I try to make excuses, but deep down I know.

side note: it's why this wedding thing and lack of control over production quality (multiple vendors that I don't have experience with) is kinda freaking me out!

And the people close to me are the first to say "I know you can do better than that." But keeping people like that near you makes you better. They force you to give 100% all the time.

Based on where things are with the economy I would bet that only the 100% companies and people will end up on top...

PUSH it Folks! It's the only way you will make it!

2 comments:

Thereasa said...

Imagine if your trash guy did his job 100% and didn't leave trash all over your street. Or if your cabbie knew where large well known landmarks were in your city. That would make all of our lives easier... there is opportunity here people?!?!?!

dbramhall said...

Thank you for this post Thereasa! I agree - complacency is a killer in the workplace and in life! It can be hard and at times to give it your all, but in the end the effort you put forth always comes back to you in a positive way!